Stormstout Brewery is located in the Valley of the Four Winds near the border of Townlong Steppes. This dungeon consists of 3 bosses, allowing those who enter, a quick dungeon if done correctly.
As a Mistweaver, you’re able to contribute a sizable amount of damage throughout the dungeon as there are only a handful of trash packs & mechanics that are worth noting.
In this guide, we’re going to be giving you a step-by-step guide, guiding you through each boss and dangerous trash pack, allowing you to run this dungeon with maximal efficiency in both DPS and HPS.
Boss Encounter: Ook-Ook
Periodically throughout the fight, Ook-Ook will cast an ability called Ground Stomp that is a frontal cone which you should avoid by rolling behind the boss, allowing you to avoid these completely.
Once he reaches 90%, 60%, and 30%, he will gain stacks of Going Bananas giving him 135% increased attack speed and damage at 30%. This means you will have to take full advantage of Brew Explosion.
Each time he reaches 90%, 60%, and 30%, he will also being to drop barrels from the ceiling which make this fight fairly easier if the de-buff, Brew Explosion, is stacked correctly.
Throughout this fight, you will have a number of opportunity’s to do damage so start spamming that Crackling Jade Lightning or if you would rather melee, Blackout Kicks/Tiger Palms!
*Notice: Brew Explosion can also effect other players, including yourself so make sure you avoid these if you aren’t on barrel duty.
This boss fight is pretty straight forward. Avoid his frontal cone, make sure yourself and other group members make use of Brew Explosion to burn him quickly.
Boss Encounter: Hoptallus
Throughout the fight, Hoptallus will cast Carrot Breath after fixating on a target. You can avoid this by going the opposite direction of this frontal cone.
Periodically through the fight, he’ll cast Furlwind. Make sure your group is spread out along the entire platform to avoid multiple people taking damage.
Hoptallus will randomly emit a loud shriek, calling aid from Hoplings, Hoppers, and Boppers.
- Hopling: These adds do nothing but minor physical damage. These are the basic adds.
- Hopper: Hoppers carry a large explosive brew in their mouths, making these needing to be dealt with immeaditely. If they reach their target, they will cast Explosive Brew making these adds a priority in Heroic and Challenge mode versions.
- Boppers: These adds carry a heavy hammer that grant you 3 charges of Smash once picked up. These hammers will help you control the adds if you become overwhelmed.
This fight is fairly straight forward if you have group members with decent AOE. Make sure you have at least 1 person on hammer duty, allowing you to focus damage on the boss and not the adds.
Boss Encounter: Yan-Zhu the Uncasked
Yan-Zhu will cast Brew Bolt if no players are within melee range so make sure your tank is always close, otherwise he will drop quickly.
Now there is three different phases to this fight with 1-2 possibility’s of abilities that can be chosen. This can result in either a pretty basic fight or a hectic one if not handled correctly.
- Bloat: Infuses a random player with an excessive quantity of brew. This bloat causes brew to gush out the ears for 30 seconds. Make sure you’re either spread out or you don’t have people on either side of you, allowing your group members to DPS without interruption.
- Blackout Brew: The heavy Blackout Brew inflicts 15,000 damage to all players and applies 3 stacks of Blackout Brew. You can jump or move to make remove these stacks so do so! If you reach 10 stacks, you will be stunned for 10 seconds.
- Bubble Shield: When he begins a phase, he will spawn 8 Yeasty Brew Alementals, thus granting him 80% damage reduction. These are usually hovering around the boss, allowing you to effectively use Spinning Crane Kick to help out a bit. These die fast and usually aren’t a issue.
- Yeasty Brew Alementals: These channel an ability called Ferment towards the boss, healing him 1% of his total HP per tick. All players can intercept this ability granting 1% HP/Mana a second so make sure if there are beams going out, intercept them quickly!
- Carbonation: Yan-Zhu will fill the room up with Carbonation for 20sec. This does 1,000 damage a second but also prevents you from casting or attacking with any ability. You can can ignore this mechanic but grabbing one of the Fizzy Bubbles he spawns during this phase allowing you to fly.
- Wall of Studs: Yan-Zhu will periodically summon walls of sudsy brew. The onrushing brew will do 50,000 damage every 0.50 seconds and stunning for 5seconds. During this phase, you are granted an ability called Sudsy which will allow you to jump over the walls of sudsy brew.
This is a great instance with some unique mechanics, resulting in a interesting challenge mode in the future.
If this guide helped you out, make sure you share this friends or guild-mates, we’re going to covering every instance released in Mists of Pandaria, so make sure to bookmark us!